I know this one seems like a lot… but trust me it’s not that hard, and it makes great leftovers! There are 4 different recipes on this page (again, I know it’s a lot), but I wanted to make sure all of the info was out there! Scroll down for the following recipes:
- Simple Pico de Gallo
- Super Simple Guacamole
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Crockpot Carnitas
So, if you make each of these things, at the very end you can just assemble your bowls- if you can’t figure out that one on your own, scroll down and there is a “Bowl Assembly” section for you!
Simple Pico de Gallo
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 white onion
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp of pepper
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and onion and place in large bowl.
- Dice jalapeno and add to bowl. Add in roughly chopped cilantro
- Juice 1 lime in to bowl, add salt and pepper and mix well.
- Enjoy immediately or let marinate for a couple of hours… I think it’s even better the next day.
Super Simple Guacamole
- 1 avocado
- Juice of ½ small lime
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional add ins:
- A couple of TBS of chopped white onion
- 1 TBS diced jalapeno
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mash well with fork. Enjoy immediately.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 415. If you have the “roast” option on your oven, use this.
- Wash and peel potatoes. Cut into ½ inch cubes and place on lined or greased cookie sheet.
- Drizzle sweet potatoes with 1-2TBS olive oil, depending on your preference. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast/Bake for 25 minutes or until starting to brown. I like to check mine at 15 minutes and go from there. If you use parchment paper, they will brown faster, but you have to watch closely.
- 3 pounds pork roast- I use whatever I can find in the store, shoulder or butt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper,
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 onion, roughly chopped (or sub 1 TBS onion powder if you’re feeling lazy)
- 4 large cloves garlic, chopped or pressed (or sub 1TBS garlic powder if you’re feeling lazy)
- 1–2 serrano peppers, diced
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- Put the pork in a crock pot and add salt, pepper, oregano, cumin and chili powder- try to distribute evenly on meat.
- Add the onion, garlic, serrano pepper to the crockpot.
- Squeeze the oranges and lime on top and then cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8.
- Shred the meat and serve!
To assemble the bowls just place some sweet potatoes in a bowl, top with carnitas, pico de gallo and some guacamole! Garnish with lime and cilantro if you’re feeling festive! This recipe makes great leftovers too!
1 thought on “Loaded Sweet Potatoes”